Recommendations on the Mornington Peninsula
Happy Glamper is based on the southern Mornington Peninsula, a region renowned for its coastal living with a hint of European charm. Here are some of our recommendations for what to see and do during your glamping experience.
- Go Tree Surfing
- Explore the Enchanted Adventure Garden,
- Fishing Charters, Trips and Cruises with Bay Fish N Trips
- Go Stand-Up Paddleboarding with PSUPS
- Pick your own strawberries at Sunny Ridge,
- Go horse-riding with Gunnamatta Trail Rides or Horseback Winery Tours,
- Go diving or kayaking with BayPlay.
- Relax and get pampered at the Peninsula Hot Springs,
- Explore the heritage gardens at Heronswood, Dromana (home of The Diggers Club),
- See the Cape Schanck Lighthouse,
- Visit the Boneo Maze and Mini Golf,
- Visit the Ashcombe Maze and Lavender Gardens,
- Explore the “front beaches” or bay coast (including swimming at The Pillars, Mt Martha),
- Explore the “back beaches” or surf coast,
- Go surfing.
Cafes and Restaurants:
- Experience fresh dining at Michael Demagistris’ new restaurant East Bar and Dining, Mount Martha,
- Dine and shop in a former bowling alley now known as Blue Mini Eatery, Emporium & Events, Rosebud,
- Savour wines at the Wine Centre of Crittenden Estate,
- Grab a beer, pizza and see live music at the Mornington Peninsula Brewery,
- Enjoy mexican meals and live music at Baha Tacos, Rye,
- Indulge with the Wine Food Farmgate trail,
- Experience amazing coffee at a cafe within a roastery at Commonfolk Coffee, Mornington,
- You’ll find the best takeaway coffee and fresh seafood at Point Leo General Store, Point Leo,
- Spoil yourself with a la carte, yum cha and/or breakfast at the super fresh Ting Tong Kanteen (Asian fusion), Balnarring,
- Discover wine, great food, art and produce at the re-imagined Merricks General Wine Store, Merricks,
- Dine amidst vintage industrial decor at the The Epicurean, Red Hill,
- Get your fix of boutique coffee, cold-pressed juice and raw super food at Store Fifteen, Mornington.
- Indulge in authentic Italian-style pizza and local wines at the multi-award winning Ciao Bella Pizzaria and Wine Bar, Balnarring
- Discover seasonal dishes and wines at the winery-based Polperro Bistro, Red Hill
- Find delicious brekkie and lunch at A Mini Kitchen, Rye,
Shopping for Gifts:
Shopping for Vintage:
- Once Upon A Time, Rosebud
- Rosebud Vintage Bazaar,
- The Vintage Shed, Tyabb,
- Tyabb Packing House Antiques, Tyabb
… the list is endless!